Glass Museum Frauenau

The Frauenau Windows


Two large stained glass windows in the lecture room of the Glass Museum give an insight into past Frauenau. Photos and postcard images of the Neo-Renaissance castle of Oberfrauenau – which was demolished in 1959 - , of the sheet glass factory of Flanitzhütte, as well as of the impoverished milieu of Bavarian Forest houses are illustrated embedded in the wooded landscape of the Frauenau valley.




The windows were made by the Frauenau artist Gretel Eisch and donated to the Glass Museum in 1975.